Tuesday 3 December 2013

Preparations!

Okay so the time is getting closer now - my flights are booked for Wednesday 15th January when I will fly out from London Heathrow to Johannesburg.

At the moment I am in the process of ensuring I have everything sorted for my Visa Study Permit application which I will be handing in to the South African High Commission this coming Friday.

Fingers crossed I have everything I need!

My budgeting seems to be going well and I think I'm just about there now having sold my car only a week ago.

It is difficult thinking about what to take for an entire year in a place like South Africa! Obviously I will need clothes (and quite a lot as it is a country in which you may be in shorts and t-shirt in 35 deg C in the summer then multiple layers and waterproofs in the winter mornings which hover around 0 deg C), more so than this I am having to think of all the little things and also trying to work out if it will all fit into my two bags!

Anyway I hope to have a trial run at packing my gear sometime in the next fortnight and that will tell me how much I need to pare down my kit!

I am starting to get very excited now - watching lots of You-tube videos of african game reserves and reading up on lots of different subjects! I am also reading the blog from the training provider I will be studying with with much excitement - it doesn't seem real that I will be doing the cool things they talk about.

Anyway I had best get on with things!

Take it easy peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment